Flevo Campus Think Tank 2021
In 2021, the fifth (!) edition of the Flevo Campus Think Tank will kick off. The Think Tank is an intensive 5-day program (between Feb-April) for young food professionals who want to expand their knowledge and network, and who may help contribute to real food supply solutions. In the 2021 edition of the Think Tank, participants will work on the political 'food paragraph', to be presented as input for the Dutch government as advice for food policies after the elections in March 2021.
What is the Flevo Campus Think Tank?
The Think Tank is one of our two annual programs for students and young professionals/entrepreneurs in the field of food of agriculture (the other program is the Flevo Campus Summer School). Over the last years, we have seen that participation in the Think Tank helps young food experts to expand their network, learn a lot about the food system, and even create job opportunities within the network. Read more about the outcomes of the (pre-pandemic) Think Tank in 2019 or 2020 (in Dutch)!
Who is the Think Tank for?
We are looking for 20 international students and young professionals who are interested, involved, or working in food and agriculture. Farmers or farmers to-be, entrepreneurs, chefs, students from one of the many disciplines that are linked to food (from architecture to biology, and from life sciences to animal husbandry). You are interested in urban food systems, agriculture, circularity or sustainability issues. And you are motivated to learn from experts, work on an actual case study, and share your expertise and network with the other participants.
footage from the Flevo Campus Think Tank 2020. 📷 Jaap van den Biesen
What can you expect from this Think Tank?
- Learn from entrepreneurs, researchers, chefs, farmers, the Think Tank group, and other experts
- Get to know real examples of solutions for urban food supply
- Build up or expand your network within Flevo Campus and beyond
- 19 like-minded fellow participants
- What: Flevo Campus Think Tank 2021
- Where: The program will be 100% online. Registration is open for residents in and outside the Netherlands
Day 1 | kick-off
Thursday 4 February
Day 2 | excursion
Thursday 18 February
Day 3 | work session
Thursday 4 March
Day 4 | work session
Thursday 11 March
Day 5 | tba
Thursday 1 April
Day 6 | presentation moment
Thursday 15 April
- Time investment: four program days + approx. 16 hours of group work to work out your concept + 1 presentation moment. On offline program days, lunch and/or dinner is included.
- Language: English.
- For whom: international students and young professionals with an interest in urban food systems
- Participants: max. 20. In case of more than 20 registrations, participants are selected based on group diversity.
- Costs: participation in the Flevo Campus Think Tank represents an amount of € 2,000 per participant. Flevo Campus offers the program free of charge to students and young professionals, but we expect active participation from all participants in return. A condition is therefore that you are present at all program days.
- Deadline: registration is open until (and including) Friday 22 January.
Apply for the Flevo Campus Think Tank 2021 by filling out this form.
This event is promoted by Flevo Campus and the City of Almere in the framework of Food Wave, a project co-funded by the EU through the Development Education and Awareness Raising Programme (DEAR) and promoted by the Municipality of Milan in partnership with ActionAid Italia, ACRA, Mani Tese and 25 project partners in 17 countries. Food Wave is an international community of young people active in 17 countries worldwide.
For more info: www.foodwave.eu