In the Village our working language is English, therefore these articles are posted in English rather than Dutch.
A diverse group of entrepreneurs
This edition of the Food Pioneers Program is formed by a very diverse group of participants. After receiving over 35 applicants, a group of 15 businesses (some of them with more than one founder) was selected. The strength of this edition lies in the different levels of experience and diverse perspectives. In bi-weekly sessions they take on the challenge of taking the next steps for their individual companies. In the coming months, we will further introduce these entrepreneurs to you:
- Johannes Trebes, Urbanponics
- Saleeban Abdi, Organic Green Gold
- Elisa Elskamp, Up Top!
- Gabriele Bonomi, Vegan Bear Chef
- Awais Khan Helal, Ubotech
- Fleur Ravelli & Joris de Jonge, Wim Wafels
- Mohammed El Bakh Khadijan, Weide Kippen
- Bram de Vos, Bram de Vos Studio
- Abdulrahman Alshameri, Ayia
- Lusiana Mailaj, The Second Starter
- Sarah Ashraf & Ahmer Ashraf, SavFood
- Danien Schuurman, Nudge Veerle Vrindts & Pablo Molenman, ProVeg Nederland
- Yanna Hoek, Broodje Poep
- Gaby van der Wens, (winner Summer School wildcard)
A fresh start
The first day of the Village Food Pioneers Program was all about getting to know each other. The participants followed various exercises to get to know each other and themselves better. One part was the personal leadership training of Joszi Smeets, in which they reflected on where they now find themselves in their personal process.
For the coming six months the Food Pioneers will make use of the facilities available in the Village and will receive coaching and advice from Food Hub, Impact Hub and other renowned players in the food and agricultural sector. In these six months we will become part of a tight community of food change makers.